Tuesday 2 September 2008

Medical benefit on Spouse's Scheme

Hi,
I work in a private company and my spouse works in a central govt. organization. She gets free (with a nominal monthly deduction) medical benefits for her and her dependents. I get Rs. 15,000 p.a. as medical allowance. My questions are:
- Can I get included in the free medical benefit scheme from her employer?
- The spouse`s organization wants a letter that I do not get any medical benefits from my employer.I can get that letter but it will mention the medical allowance. Can I opt out of medical allowance from my employer and make it fully taxable?

Regards

Dear, as u r working, in strict sense u r not dependent of ur spouse. At the same time as u r getting med. allowance, u can't claim med. benefit under ur spouse's med. scheme.

The only option u have is to forget ur med. allowance from ur employer & then receive a letter that u r not receiving any benefit from ur emp. & submit the same to ur Spouse's emp. to enrolled urself for the scheme.

Thanks

Ashal...

No comments: