Monday 16 August 2010

How to clear name in CIBIL Report?

Hi,
My name is Ritesh kumar and I requested for my CIBIL repot which I get and I found a “Written OFF” from Standard Charted Bank Credit Card for the amount of Rs 994/-.
From 2005 to 2006 I was using a SCB Manhattan Credit card then I stop using the Card around 2006 last Q, but I continually receiving statement from the bank and every time there are some charge add and till Feb. 2006 the amount where gone up to 3000/- then I write a mail to SCB customer care and get all the settlement (I have a mail from the bank). But my card was not officially close, but also, I never use that card again.
So can you please advice me what should I do now, I wanted to remove “Written OFF” from the CIBIL for me.
Please help
Thanks

Ritesh Kumar


Dear Ritesh, You have following options.

1. Based upon your settlement of dues done in 2006, write to your Credit Card provider (SCB) & ask to remove your name for Written off from Cibil Report.

2. Wait for the 1 above to happen for at least 1 month or so. If nothing is happening, contact Banking Ombudsman in your area. Click here for more details on Banking ombudsman. 

3. Based upon your settlement of dues done in 2006, you may apply for loan (CAR, Home or Personal). With your application attach the copy of settlement documents. 

Thanks

Ashal

No comments: